Invested: February 2015
Kami is a leading digital classroom application built to transform an existing document of any kind into an interactive and more collaborative learning experience. Kami has over 24 million active users in 180+ countries, used by educators looking to improve engagement and collaboration while teaching in the classroom or online.
Kami (formally Notable) was founded in 2013 in the trios' final year of Auckland University (Bob was their mentor). And today they are backed by Silicon Valley, New Zealand, and Australian investors.
- 2021 semi-finalist for the Trade Me New Zealand Innovator of the year award
- 2017 winner NZ Innovation Award
Read more on Kami in the media ...
- Business Desk, February 2021: School app firm Kami riding high on digital learning tsunami
- Air NZ KiaOra magazine, January 2021: Kia_Ora_Jan_2021 (flowpaper.com)
- NBR, September 2020: When a freemium model pays off
- TechCrunch, September 2020: Edtech startups find demand from an unlikely customer - public schools
- NZ Herald, August 2020: Covid-19 lockdown learning helped by free offer of Kami NZ made classroom app
- Stuff, March 2020: Kiwi apps puts classrooms online after schools close due to coronavirus