Invested: March 2020
Accelerating the marine industry’s transition to sustainable energy with electric jet propulsion systems.
Their unique electric jet propulsion system is half the weight of a traditional outboard motor, resulting in faster and lighter boats, while also creating a zero emissions alternative to standard motors. The ZeroJet system aims to accelerate time to market for boat manufacturers and create new revenue streams for boat builders and resellers who want to tap into the emerging environmentally conscious market.
Read more on ZeroJet in the media:
- Callaghan Innovation, January 2021: Riding the wave
- NZ Engineering News, January 2021: Kiwi startup turning heads toward electric
- NBR, January 2021: Kiwi invented electric jet propulsion for boats
- Boating NZ, January 2021: Inspired electrics
- Startup Daily, November 2020: Kiwi electric startup engine wants to solve the boating industry's pollution problem
- NZ Entrepreneur, August 2020: 5 Kiwi startups for startmate cohort 2020
- NBR April 2020: Electric outboards get spark of support